Install Readlang Web Reader on iOS Safari
Unfortunately the Readlang Web Reader doesn't work with latest versions of iOS Safari. It does work with iOS Chrome though, and you can find instructions on how to install it here: https://readlang.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/315742-install-readlang-web-reader-on-chrome-for-ios
(Instructions written for Safari on an iPad running iOS 9 or 10)
Install Web Reader
- Tap and hold on the following text, then adjust the blue selection so that it covers all the code, then tap Copy.
- Tap the share icon, which is the square with an arrow coming out of it to the right of the address bar in Safari.
- Tap Bookmark.
- Name the bookmark Readlang Web Reader and tap Save.
- Tap the Bookmarks icon, which looks like an opened book and is to the right of the address bar.
- Tap Edit in the bottom right corner. (On iOS 9 it's on the left)
- Tap Readlang Web Reader (or whatever name you chose earlier).
- Tap on the text below which starts with https://, then tap and hold until the magnifier appears, then release and tap Select All.
- Tap Paste.
- Tap Done on the on-screen keyboard, and then Done again to finish.
Use Web Reader
- Browse to any webpage you'd like to read.
- Tap the Bookmarks icon, which is to the left of the address bar and looks like an opened book (on iOS7 it's to the right of the address bar).
- The Readlang Web Reader bookmarklet you created should appear in the list, tap it.
Staying Signed In
If you find that you are getting signed out of Readlang while using the web reader, you may need to enable third party cookies in Safari. To do this, open the Settings app, look for Safari -> Privacy and Security, and ensure that those two settings are both disabled.