audio for context sentences
It'd be very helpful if there were audio option that could read the sentences from which the key word/phrase was taken (jut like there's audio for words/phrases that are learned
or it could be like this that when I guess what is the missing word (translation) then the sentence would be filled in with my correct answer and then I could play audio for it
It's just a free idea; that would also strengthen our comprehension skills and keep us away from incorrect pronunciation
Automatic audio playback is now available for premium users, it doesn’t read the whole context sentence at the moment, but plays the specific word or phrase when:
- You translate a word or phrase
- The side of the flashcard in your target language is displayed
You can enable it by checking “Speaking Mode” from the settings page: http://readlang.com/settings
It works for the following 17 languages: Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Please let me know what you think of this and how it works.
1. It doesn’t work when using the Web Reader on iOS.
2. When enabled, you’ll see an audio icon at the top of the reader page and during a flashcard session allowing you to toggle “speaking mode” – this won’t appear at all if it wasn’t enabled first from the settings page (http://readlang.com/preferences)
3. On YouTube videos, audio pronunciation will only work when the video is paused.
I agree with it. Please allow to hear the pronunciation of all the words or selected phrases in the texts read in READLANG and please allow it also in the context of flashcards.
If you do not allow it, we need to go again and again and again on google translation to ear the pronunciation of the word or phrase.
It's a crucial point to learn a language.