I suggest you ...

Please add the option to work with verbs with separable prefixes. Readlang is now only half way useful for German. THX

Please add the option to work with verbs with separable prefixes. Readlang is now only half way useful for German. THX

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lamanai77lamanai77 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve RidoutAdminSteve Ridout (Creator, Readlang) commented  · 

Hi Corey - yes there is a way to turn merging of phrases off. Open the reader sidebar by clicking the little "three horizontal lines" menu icon at the top right of the reader page. Select the "AA" tab, and under "Translation Behavior" click "Don't Merge"

• Corey SpinkCorey Spink commented  · 

Even for paid members, selecting a 12 word phrase won't always allow the user to translate a separable verb as there can often be very long strings of words between the two parts. It would be better if phrases could be manually multi-selected. In fact, is there a way to turn off the automatic connection of two adjacent words into a phrase? I'd rather have to deliberately create phrases. Would also cut down on unnecessary Translate API traffic.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Here is the link https://youtu.be/t5j5rBmaCSU with video about how it's done in http://www.hamatata.com/. It's a site to watch movies with english to russian translator ONLY. I don't know how to make it in readlang especially in phones and pads, but I think it's possible to make for PC.

1. Left mouse click.
        2. The same as in readlang but even part of the word can be translated.
        3. Right click. The way to translate German fits exactly.

• Phil SomersPhil Somers commented  · 

That would also be useful for Dutch although usually just the main verb gives a good sense of the meaning of the separable verb.

• Anonymous commented  · 

if you highlight the whole phrase it usually picks up on the the prefix.

• fizban99fizban99 commented  · 

Other similar systems have the same problem. A possible solution could be to be give the possibiity to select individually first the prefix and then the verb and have a way to tell the system to search for the translation as a single word in the order it was selected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base