Skip to content

General

Does anything bug you about using Readlang? Add or vote on suggestions to improve it!

NOTE: Readlang is run by just one person, me, Steve. Even entire software development teams can't implement all the great ideas that they come up with, and this is doubly true in my case since I'm just a single person. So although I read all the ideas posted here, I can't possibly implement most of them. The feedback definitely helps inform my product decisions though, so please keep posting!

476 results found

1. allow Summary option to toggle between learning/native language

I really like the new summary feature!

Right now, it gives the summary in the language that I'm learning, but it would be nice if I could toggle the summaries back and forth between English and Spanish, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. MLM software developers in Utah

MLM Software Developers in Utah offer cutting-edge solutions for network marketing businesses. With tailored software, comprehensive features, and round-the-clock support, we empower MLM enterprises to thrive. Maximize efficiency and scalability while ensuring top-notch security with our expertly crafted solutions. Partner with us to elevate your MLM business to new heights. https://www.mlmsoftwarecompany.in/mlm-software-company-Utah/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Glossing Mode in web reader

Glossing mode (http://blog.readlang.com/2015/03/08/new-look-translations.html) is awesome. It would be great to bring such awesomeness to the web reader as well. Any plans in this direction?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ReadLang on Google Translate page

If you set the Google Translate page to translate from your native language to your target language, enter a word or phrase, and then click on the ReadLang button, the target word or phrase works normally in ReadLang. But if you then change the input to GT, producing a new target language output, then the green line for ReadLang does not appear and Readlang does not work. If you refresh the page, ReadLang will then work with the new translated word or phrase.

The reason I like to use ReadLang in this way is to input words or expressions into…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you’ve discovered, refreshing the page is the only way to get the Readlang clickable translations back after a page update at the moment. Fixing this would be quite complicated.

One alternative is to enter your words or phrases into the “Lookup” search box on the Words page (http://readlang.com) – this will show a translation which you can click to immediately add to your word list.

Hope that helps.

5. Purpose of Alert?

Every time that I am reading an uploaded text in Readlang Library, I get the following alert partway through the text:

Alert
    To use the Readlang Web Reader:
    1. Drag this "Readlang Web Reader" link to your bookmarks bar
    2. Browse to the page you want to read
    3. Click the "Readlang Web Reader" bookmark

I already have the Green R button in the taskbar of my browser which I click on whenever I want to use it on a web page.

I am using the Chromium browser on Ubuntu. I'd prefer not to see this alert. Is there some…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add a dictionary form to the flashcards

For example I'm learning German. Nouns in German have one of three genders and to be able to use the word correctly, one has to know its gender. So when I'm learning words I need to learn their gender as well.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Highlighting with Showing Translation or Dictionary

During my first pass through an article, I like to just highlight the words I don't know, but not actually see the translations or the dictionary. In addition to the "Translations On" and "Translations Off (monolingual)" options, it would be nice if there was a "Highlight Only" mode. Perhaps this could also be implemented/presented as a "Don't open dictionary" option on the "Translations Off" mode.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. youtube

youtubeunblock

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. youtube

youtube

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Contact NYCDOE to let them know about Readlang and form an "alliance" or connection

Contact the NYC DOE and let them know about Readlang because you would have so many teachers, students, and schools using Readlang and you could even bring back "Classroom". There are so many English Language Learners trying to read the Gettysburg Address and "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" in mainstream classes with varying knowledge of English ranging from high-level to only ten words! ESL and content teachers struggle to scaffold texts, teach English, help students. But with Readlang, students can access many more texts, thereby learning content and English at the same time, faster. A principal (I showed…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. do not delete all occurances

I added a word for the second time, saw that it has different meaning than previous time, so I tried to highlight a longer phrase to differentiate it (as there is no option to split flashcards). Instead of having a phrase and the old word with original translation I have only the phrase because the word was deleted totally (also with the old meaning). You could process a word with it context in order to not make this mistake. And give as an option to split flashcard by different meanings. Writing out every meaning in one field isn't very comfortable…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To develop an extension for other browsers as well

It would be interesting to delevop Readlang app in other browsers, other Google language indeed, just because the application deserves and could be better enjoyed by the WHOLE COMMUNITY!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate the APP with a well frequented "open" forum on language learning

Great app. I can't stop making publicity for it, although I am not a stakeholder ;-) but you, Steve, are really the first and still the only one who designed an apps starting from a user's needs, not just wanting to do any better than those hundreds of copies/remakes of bad and incomplete LL-apps.

Do I see a forum somewhere to discus READLANG ? if not, you may want to have a look at our forum, duome.eu where we have plans to open a discussion forum just for Readlang and maybe for other LL-apps too.

You may also email me…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add "unlimited highlights" to the list of premium features

Readlang is telling me I have exhausted the 200 highlights available with the free account... this should be listed in the list of premium features (that you see when you want to buy premium and elsewhere).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. slight edits of the context

Sometimes I want to slightly edit the context on the flashcard, but then the link to the original document is lost.

I think changes that:
    - shorten the context
    - lengthen the context (choose a longer piece of text than originally automatically selected)
    - change whitespace and punctuation
    - possibly also correct typos (have small Levenstein distance)

should not break the link to the text they were taken from.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I've tested this and for me the link to the text remains even after editing the context. Please can you explain the steps you took to edit the context which led to this link being broken. Thanks!

16. in practice in mobile view, clicking a word in the context box does not show a translation

This is about what happens when I click a word in the context of the tested word, during practice.

On desktop, the word is underlined and it's translation appears above it, just like in reading mode.

On mobile, the word is only underlined. I can send a screenshot of it's not clear.

In both cases, the word is added to the word list, so it's probably just a display issue.

Sony Xperia
    Android 12; XQ-AU52 Build/59.2.A.0.463
    Chrome 122.0.6261.90

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here